Whether for a special 4th of July celebration, or just a Saturday night with friends, throwing the perfect pool party takes the right combination of planning and fun to create the right atmosphere. This may sound like a lot of work, but we have made it easy for you with with our handy Houston Pool Party Guide.
We’ve gone over the big-ticket items and created a list of some in-town recommendations to help with all your pool party needs—whether it’s a party for the kids or yourself.
Pools For Rent
Maybe you have a backyard concrete pool deck or a neighborhood pool readily available to host your party, but in case you don’t we’ve pulled together a list of some great local venues available for rent.
● The Quillian Recreation Center has a full-size swimming pool and a Noah’s Ark pool, which is a more shallow pool for younger guests. The two can be rented separately or together for two to fours at a time.
● The Clubs of Kingwood Water Park has a special area that can be rented out for birthday parties or other special events. They also have eight cabanas located throughout the park, which could be rented out for smaller parties.
● If you are a member of the Plaza Oaks Club, keep in mind that the pool can be reserved for a relatively low usage fee.
● For a more upscale venue, Demers Banquet Hall has a beautiful pavilion and pool area for rent as well as event packages.
● Though they cannot be reserved, there are 37 Houston community pool sites located throughout the city. Organized groups are allowed as long as they have one adult chaperone per every eight swimmers. These provide a great, free alternative to renting a space.
Pool and Yard Accessories
Creating a fun party atmosphere should be next on your to-do list. The extent of decorations will depend a lot on if the party is at home or in a more public space. Tailor decorations to your needs and supplement what accessories are already available with some rentals, if needed.
● Freedom Events & Tents is a great place to borrow extra lighting or rent a canopy to create shade for escaping the hot sun. They also rent out extra seating and helium tanks for balloons.
● Sky High Party Rentals has a lot of cool options for kids’ parties, including a variety of water slides and interactive games. They also rent out tables, chairs, and concession style machines for popcorn, snow cones, and cotton candy.
● Emerson Sloan has great seasonal party supplies for sale including specialty floats. They also have supplies for themed parties, and the pirate or mermaid themes are particularly perfect for a pool party.
Best Meat Markets for Backyard Grilling
Next up is food. Grilling and pool-time often go hand in hand, so we have some top spots to pick up high quality meats for the big day.
● B&W Meat has been around since 1959 has a variety of homemade sausages, whole stuffed chicken breast, and pork chops, just to name a few. And they have just about every meat you could imagine.
● Bud’s House of Meat has a wide selection and offers an abundance of family packs. Packs start as low as $40, come with multiple meats and at least five pounds of potatoes.
● Pete’s Fine Meats offers a variety of meats with exotic options. They can also provide cooking services for anything you order. This is a great cheat if you’ve been eyeing a brisket but aren’t sure about the time it takes to cook one. They also have ready made sides by the pint and half pint.
Local Catering Spots
If you prefer to provide guests a full-blown meal without the hassle of preparing it yourself, catering a casual meal can be a great alternative. Check out some of these sweet catering joints.
● Hickory Hollow Restaurants & Catering has a range of tasty southern options on their catering menu. Choices include chicken fried steak or chicken, BBQ plates, or baked potatoes loaded up with all the stuffings plus diced chicken and chopped brisket. They also have an assortment of pies to choose from.
● Tacos A Go Go let’s you choose from breakfast or dinner taco packages, and orders of your favorite sides and dips by the half- and full-gallon. Drinks, sopapillas, and brownies are also on the menu.
● At Demeris Catering you can save a few bucks by choosing the pick-up catering option. Their specialty is BBQ, but they can also serve up fajitas, enchiladas, and a variety of pastas and southern-style favorites.
● Ray’s Real BBQ Shack has several tiers of Family Packs making it easy to choose the perfect size for your party. Packs can feed up to 20 people and include beef, sausage, and varying amounts of sides. They also offer a smaller Fish Family Pack and have other items available in individual sizes.
We hope this list helps you find everything you need to make your party a splash. Oh, and don’t forget the sunscreen!
For more Good Fun click here.